11 Tips On How To Make Fried Rice
11 months ago
1) If you are using fresh vegetables, wash and dice them ready. If frozen, thaw the vegetables.
Note: Fresh vegetables are best for fried rice but frozen ones works fine.
2) Wash rice with warm water 3 times or till water runs clear. Drain and set aside.
3) Grease pot with a little vegetable oil and put on heat. Use just enough oil to grease the pot like you would grease a cake pan.
4) Pour rice into the greased pot and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add stock cubes, thyme and half of chopped onions and stir for another minute.
6) Add Chicken broth and water then cover pot tightly and leave to cook on low heat.
Tip: Iour pot lid doesn't cover the pot tightly, cover with a foil before pu the pot lid. You want to lock iteam to cook the rice and not dilute the taste by cooking a lot of water
How to cook Nigerian fried rice
7) While the rice is cooking, put a frying pan or pot on a burner and add the remaining vegetable oil.
Generate revenue on your social medias and website
Was your site rejected by google adsense? No problem. Do you need to start making money as a new content creator? Adsterra solves all your advertisement problems.
Add curry to the vegetables as by now you would have noted the shade of the rice and adjust curry accordingly.
I let the vegetables be a little bit wet when going in the oil so the onions cook and fry and not just outright crunchy which I don't personally like.
8) When the mixture is fried, add the fried liver, prawns, butter and mix. Adjust salt and seasoning.
9) By the time you're done frying the vegetable mixture, the rice will almost be cooked.
10) Add the vegetable mixture to the rice and mix evenly.
Tip: It's easier to mix when the pot is halfway or ¾ filled but if you have a full pot you can transfer to a bigger pot. If no bigger pot available, divide into two pots mix evenly and then transfer back into a pot.
11) Let the vegetables steam with the rice for about 5 minutes then take off heat..
Disclaimer This content was not created by any staff or admin of Pejoweb. This platform runs on user generated content. If this post is your copyrighted property, please send a message to the user to give credit or take down your article. If the user fails to adhere, please email us your request at [email protected] with proof of ownership to take the right action.