~0.1 mins read
Please guys, is it true that only the saprophytes are not able to manufacture their own food?
~0.0 mins read
who's up for some math tutoring??🙋
Make money posting ads on your blog
Generate passive income with your blog, website or social media. Join Adsterra
Scientists Say Earth Needs To Prepare For An Alien Encounter NOW Before Its Late
~1.8 mins read
EXTRA TERRESTRIAL: Scientists say Earth needs to prepare for an alien encounter NOW before it's too late
While Halloween may be over, scientists don't want us to let our guards down when it comes to the potential for extraterrestrial life.
A new group at the University of St Andrews in Scotland wants to put together a plan for what to do if we encounter aliens here on Earth.
With help from experts from across the world, they will be putting together robust protocols and treaties, as well as assessing any evidence of intelligent civilisations.
Their preparatory work will take place at a new research hub at the university, dedicated to the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI).
'Science fiction is awash with explorations of the impact on human society following discovery of, and even encounters with, life or intelligence elsewhere,' said Dr John Elliott, a computer scientist and coordinator of the SETI Post-Detection Hub.
'But we need to go beyond thinking about the impact on humanity.'
He added: 'We need to coordinate our expert knowledge, not only for assessing the evidence, but also for considering the human social response as our understanding progresses and what we know and what we don't know is communicated.
'And the time to do this is now.
'Scanning signals of assumed extra-terrestrial origin for structures of language and attaching meaning is an elaborate and time-consuming process during which our knowledge will be advanced in many steps as we learn "Extra-Terrestrial".'
The group feels that limited attention has been given to the consequences on society if alien intelligence is detected.
While the United Nations has processes and entities established for the threat of asteroid impact, nothing similar is in place for extraterrestrial life.
In June, NASA announced it was launching its first ever study into unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) - known popularly as UFO's.
Over the course of nine months, scientists are looking at current data into UAPs, and establish which sightings are naturally-occurring or not worth further investigation.
The Hub's researchers wrote: 'Social interest has risen considerably recently, due to the detection of thousands of planets around distant stars in our own galaxy and, closer to home, through the exploration of nearby worlds such as Mars and Venus, looking for signs of life, present or past.
~0.0 mins read
Make a strong network for urself at home @ideasinfo.com
Checkout Symptoms Of Social Anxiety
~0.5 mins read
Social anxiety is more than shyness. It's a fear that does not go away and affects everyday activities, self confidence, relationships and work or school.
You may have social anxiety if you:
1. worry about everyday activities, such as meeting strangers, starting conversations, speaking on the phone, working or shopping
2. avoid or worry a lot about social activities, such as group conversations, eating with company and parties
3. always worry about doing something you think is embarrassing, such as blushing, sweating or appearing incompetent
4. find it difficult to do things when others are watching, you may feel like you're being watched and judged all the time
5. fear being criticised, avoid eye contact or have low self-esteem
Checkout Five Habits That Can Damage Your Car
~0.9 mins read
1. According to Mechanicbase.com, One of the most car damaging or destructive driving behaviors is not allowing your automobile to cool down. You may find yourself in a situation where you don't have time to cool down your car. However, if you don't allow your car to cool down frequently, it will eventually fail.
2. Avoiding careless driving is another way to keep your car in good working order. Many drivers are unaware of the damage they do to their vehicle when speeding up. There is a good chance that you will end up at a car repair shop because of your speeding.
3. One of the worst things you can do to your car's engine is to use the wrong coolant. A water-to-coolant mixture is what car manufacturers recommend for radiator coolant.
4. If you don't pay attention to the dashboard warning lights, you could seriously damage your car. If you see a symbol on your dashboard, such as a red light, it implies that you need to take action.
5. It is possible to induce windshield cracks by using hot water on them. Some people, particularly those who live in colder climates, use hot water to clean their windshields. The glass may be cleaned with hot water, but that same water also has the potential to break it.