What Is Self Control? My Experience And More
3 years ago
Ordered a plate of food to take home, because I was too down to even cook. Then I noticed the Alcohol 🤩 in their fridge.
Honestly felt like I needed some to help my mood, atleast temporarily. I did ask the price, got the money and was ready to pay.
It was gonna boost me, alcohol really would make me feel different, I am pretty sure of a short but worth the while benefit with alcohol, any day anytime.
You won’t believe it, but I did chicken out of getting it ☺️.
I call that self control, don’t know what you call it, unmanly? Weak? Asocial? Poverty? Erm? Whatever?
I was able to give up:
1) Some pleasure I thought I needed more than anything else at that moment
2) Some pleasure with an obvious short term benefit
3) Some pleasure that demands spending and continuous spending to maintain.
4) An energy drink (literally)
I was able to control myself.
Generate revenue on your social medias and website
Was your site rejected by google adsense? No problem. Do you need to start making money as a new content creator? Adsterra solves all your advertisement problems.
It's been three years since that piece was written. I ll like to share with you that I have learnt more about self control.
Earn cash easily with your smart phone
I use OPay for free transfers & earn high interests on my savings. Join me on OPay and get ₦8,250 bonus!
I have learned that the best self-control to give isn't the resistance of food, liquor or sex. It's isn't denial of your feelings or the status quo, but the acceptance of it, then finding a way to live through it becomes profitable. It's not the denial of thoughts or obvious feelings, it's is the control of thoughts and feelings (accept what it is and how you feel about certain situations, yet be wise enough to control the reactions of such feelings.
The best of self-control is the resistance of the self. Your self. Your very own heart (Ego itself)
The best of self control is achieved when you:
1) Completely accept your past with happiness (the good and bad of it)
2) Accepting today that you are in control of very little (and so you are practicing detaching yourself emotionally without neglect of duty to those around you or your environment because up till this point, we have ignorantly messed our destinies with our hands)
3) And attempting to create the future with best unbiased knowledge and analysis you can muster (because what you do for the future is what the future would do for you)
You ll find that many "good" people (myself inclusive, that's if I am even considered a good person) find it hard to break that paragraph even.
We regret/cherish the past - it's gone.
Many are control freaks and believe that they must succeed at everything they lay their hands on and create the future with as much biased knowledge they can manifest..
Disclaimer This content was not created by any staff or admin of Pejoweb. This platform runs on user generated content. If this post is your copyrighted property, please send a message to the user to give credit or take down your article. If the user fails to adhere, please email us your request at [email protected] with proof of ownership to take the right action.