Nigerian Doctors Who Separated Conjoined Twins Set To Be Honoured
~1.4 mins read
The world is set to honor the Nigerian medical doctors credited to have separated the Conjoined twins at the National Hospital, Abuja in November 2020. The festival, which is the World Twins Festival is scheduled to hold between October 3-9, in the ancient town of Igba-Ora, Oyo State. The Festival is tagged "Twinning for Medical Breakthrough".
It should be recalled that the group of medical doctors was a 78-member team, led by a Pediatrician, Dr. Emmanuel Ameh. The Siamese twins separated borne by a cesarean section (surgery) in, August 2018. They were conjoined at the chest and abdomen. The surgery which took 13-hours was performed on November 14, 2020. It was delayed two years after their birth to avoid complications that may arise due to their fragility.
Dr. Ameh who led the team said Plastic surgeons were also included in the team as they were necessary to repair the areas that were torn and also create artificial skin to cover up those that were at risk of getting infected.
The twins were the first to be separated in the National Hospital and the Hospital's spokesman, Dr. Tayo Haastrup could not but express his impression:
"We are just happy and proud that the team that worked on this surgery were all Nigerians doctors. It was done in Nigeria and the parents didn't have to go outside the country," he said.
The Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Jah Momoh also said the Surgical procedure was performed for free as the family could not afford to pay. In his words:
"My attention was drawn to their inability to pay for such an expensive medical procedure so we assessed their status and classified them as indigent. We funded their care and major surgeries that separated them. We also ensured that the lack of funds did not stop the beautiful twins from enjoying their lives independently, "he said.
Indeed, this team of doctors deserve to be honored!
With today’s hectic lifestyles, most of us end up eating out at least once a week. That could mean grabbing a sandwich from the supermarket deli counter for lunch, ordering take-out for dinner, or splurging on a special meal at a favorite restaurant.
Meals away from home make it harder to control ingredients, calories, and portions. This can be particularly challenging for people with Type 2 diabetes (and for those of us trying to avoid getting this condition). The following tips can help you enjoy eating out without abandoning your efforts to eat well.
Ask how the food is prepared.
Before you order, ask about ingredients and how the menu selections are prepared. Try to choose dishes made with whole grains, healthy oils, vegetables, and lean proteins. Meat that has been broiled, poached, baked, or grilled is a more health-conscious option than fried foods or dishes prepared with heavy sauces.
Look for less.
Your eyes are the perfect instrument for sizing up portion sizes. Use your estimating techniques to size up the food on your plate.
1 thumb tip = 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, butter, or sugar
1 finger = 1 oz. of cheese
1 fist = 1 cup cereal, pasta, or vegetables
1 handful = 1 oz. of nuts or pretzels
1 palm = 3 oz. of meat, fish, or poultry
Plan on eating half your meal and take the rest home to enjoy for lunch or dinner the next day.
Order an extra side of veggies.
Non-starchy vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli, asparagus, or summer squash, will help you fill up with low-calorie choices.
Learn important nutrition information ahead of time. Most fast-food chains provide calories, sodium, and fat content for their menu items.
Make money posting ads on your blog
Generate passive income with your blog, website or social media. Join Adsterra
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Psalm 91:7
READ: Psalm 91:1-16
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
When the RCCG was to be established in Israel, a diplomat there warned â€œThey will never register any Pentecostal church. Not only is RCCG Pentecostal, it is a Nigerian church, so just forget it.â€ I insistedâ€ No sir, we will not forget it. Just submit our application and then letâ€™s leave the rest to God.â€
For courtesyâ€™s sake, he took the letter and submitted it. To Godâ€™s glory, a few weeks later, we got our proof of registration. Many years later, we needed permission from the government for a project. We were told we could not be permitted since we were Pentecostal Church, and not registered. They were surprised when we went back with our proof of registration. These only happened because our case is different.
In 1974, a little while after I had submitted my PhD thesis at the University of Lagos, I went on a Crusade at Ilesha and Ifewara while waiting to be called for the compulsory oral exam. While I was there, the Head of my Department gave my thesis to the External Examiner. Ordinarily, he should have posted it, but he took it in person, insisting on waiting until the Examiner concluded his assessment. As a result, the Examiner was compelled to read my thesis promptly. When he was done, my HOD asked â€œWhen is the date for the exam?â€ to which he replied â€œI have no questions; give him his Ph.D.â€ In the history of the world, I may be the only one with a Ph.D who did not do an oral exam. Only because my case is different.
From today, doors will open everywhere you turn. While others may be cast down, you shall experience a lifting. Nothing will be impossible for you. From today, anywhere you go, anything you touch or intend to do shall be treated as different in a positive way by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Your case is different because the Lord has chosen you. 1 Peter 2:9 says:
â€œBut ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;â€
Father, make me Your special child so that in everything I do, my case will be different positively, in the mighty name of Jesus.
5 Months After The BBN Show, See Photos Of The 20 Contestants
~7.8 mins read
The Big Brother Naija Season 5 ended 5 months ago. The season was viewed by millions of People around Africa. Much attention was also paid to the show as it was done during the covid19 lockdown. The winner of the show was Laycon.
Few months after it ended, The Participants of the show have continued with their lives and are making waves. Signing endorsement deals, creating their brand and Making important use of the celebrity life.
Here are recent pictures of the 20 contestants of the show.
20) Ka3na - "The boss lady". Ka3na was one of the domineering figure in the house. Ka3na was known for her cooking skills. Despite just spending 2 weeks in the house, Ka3na made a lot of impression on People. Some bad, Some good. Ka3na presently has her own brand, she models for different products and a flourishing businesswoman.
19) Lilo Aderogba. - Lilo was one the most beautiful lady in the house. She was rated very high and had a lot of supporters when the show started. However, due to her relationship with Eric, she lost her supporters who claim they are not seeing much of her. She just turned 23 recently. She recently opened her own Cafe.
18) Tochi - Tochi was really the silent type or let me say look before u leap person. Most people did not understand him. By the time he started to catch the interest of viewers, It was too late. We never can tell , He might have gone far in the competition
17) Eric - Eric was known for his love of food. Eric relationship with Lilo was a major talking point in the program. He also had a little fling with Wathoni before he was evicted.
16) Kaisha - Kaisha is a not the regular type of people you see in a big brother Naija show. Sometimes she is all energy , Another time, She is just off. Kaisha was very hard-working and rarely complained about things.
15) Praise - The first 'Vibes' man to be evicted. Praise was full of Energy throughout his stay in the house. Praise was always in almost every task. Doing everything to win. He is also the delight of viewers during the Friday Parties
14) Tolanibaj - Tolani , A confirm Yoruba girl often known as Miss shalaye. Tolanibaj is known for her dairy sessions. She talks a lot and doesn't really care about what others say. She is real. Tolanibaj currently does a show on her youtube page.
13) Wathoni - Mother of one. The Kenyan lady was the housemates most linked with guys. First it was Kidd, then Eric, prince before she ended with BrightO. Wathoni recently featured in a music video of a song by Reekado Banks
12) Brighto - BrightO is somehow described as the most cunning housemate. Bright0 also featured with Wathoni in the music video
11) Lucy - Had quarrel with almost all the housemates. This is because she is a no nonsense lady. Lucy is still in. her catering business
10) Erica - Probably the one who would have given Laycon a run for his money. Erica was amongst the favorites in the show before she was disqualified. Despite been disqualified, She is the ambassador of lots of Brands
9)Kiddwaya - Kidd was the richest in the house and he sometimes talk of his father's wealth. Kidd was involved in a relationship with Erica in the house
8) Trikytee - The director". Truly was one of the luckiest guy In the house. He was nominated for evictions lots of times, yet he made it to the top 7
7) Prince- Another guy with lots of Energy. Prince was one of the smartest person in the house. He has an idea about almost every issue. He kind of dropped like two weeks to his eviction.
6) Ozo- Definitely the most brilliant in the house. A lover of sports , Ozo won his first car in the house and he is presently representing lots of Brands. He was deeply in love with Nnegi with some people claiming he lost focus because of her. Both of them her still close.
5) Vee - Known for her friendship with Laycon and relationship with Neo, Vee is a lady who will do anything to defend her and people close to her. She will literally say how she feels. Although at first, People admired her for that, but it got to some point where some people felt she was doing to much
4) Neo- A dancer with a lot of Warri vibes. Neo is known for his ability to put everything on the line during tasks. He was discouraged at some points because he was not winning cash but at the last two weeks in the house, He won a lot.
3) Nnegi - The Ninja lady is Probably the most Attractive lady in the house. Nnegi is bold and confident. Won the HOH game at the beginning and end of the show. Featured in Davido Music video Jowo and has a lot of endorsement deals.
2) Dora - Dorathy was perhaps the only one who got along with all the housemates. Dora is nice and doesn't really concern herself with other people problems.
1) Laycon - Presidents of the ICONS. Laycon is the most talented in the house. Ozo might be the most brilliant, Laycon was definitely the smartest. Even if he doesn't know about something, He relates with you to get information about the issue and in turn, use it as his own ideas. Laycon has a show with Showmax and lots of endorsement deals
Content created and supplied by Akinsports . Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address email@example.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform.Read more>>
According to Spanish football expect Guillem Balague, Chelsea could be among the clubs to chase Messi's signature.
"Chelsea are definitely in the equation if Messi becomes available. That is true. Chelsea will insist they want to hear everything that is going on."If they have the money they will want to be involved too. Remember, there is no transfer fee."
Meanwhile, Chelsea are currently occupying third position on the Premier League standings with 18 points after nine games played so far this term.
When people are asked why they give, the readiest answers includes, God want me to; I feel better about myself ; others need, and I have; I want to share;it's only right. The question I would asked is how did you feel? I imagine you felt very pleased with yourself and happy inside.
It has been my experience that when you're focused on giving to others you're less likely to become consumed by your own concerns and challenges. Giving provides an opportunity to look beyond our own world and see the bigger picture.
A great perspective can be achieved by stepping out of our own world and venturing into the world of other people. Your worries and challenges may not seem as significant when compared to other people's situations.
The act of giving Kindles self-esteem and brings happiness. Scientist have discovered that happiness is related to how much gratitude you show, After several years of soul searching, I discovered that my unhappiness was due to my want for things to fill the void of loneliness.
My search for inner happiness led me towards gratitude, during this process of self- realisation, I also discovered "THE PURPOSE OF LIVING"
yes, I believe that giving makes me happier, but don't take my word for it- try it out yourself.
THE POWER OF GIVING AND THE JOY OF HELPING OTHERS
Giving is one of the the best investment you can make towards achieving genuine happiness. True giving comes from the heart with no expectation of reciprocation.
You'll find that the more you give, the more you'll receive. The power of giving is manifested in the kindness and generosity that you bestow on someone else. When you give to another unselfishly, the vibration enerygy emitting from your subconscious is at it's strongest.
The power of giving, according to neuroscience, is that it feels good. A Chinese Proverbs says; "if you always give, you will always have". A famous American author and management expect, Ken Bianchard, declared " The more I give away, the more comes back. If you find yourself feeling unhappy try making someone else happy and see what happens, if you're feeling empty and unfulfilled, try doing some meaningful and worthwhile work and see how you feel, The catch is that you must do this work(giving) with passion and enthusiasm.
To be continued...... #giverssecrets# #kemmy1stlady# #mydesk#