Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Monday, ruled out the concept of “placeholder” or dummy vice presidential candidate as done by political parties, adding that it has no place in the Constitution of Nigeria.
2. The Federal High Court in Abuja, yesterday, stopped the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from ending voter registration on June 30, 2022. Honourable Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon (Court 10) on Monday granted an order of interim injunction following the hearing of an argument on motion exparte by Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP).
Generate revenue on your social medias and website
Was your site rejected by google adsense? No problem. Do you need to start making money as a new content creator? Adsterra solves all your advertisement problems.
A former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe, has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. This was disclosed on Monday via a letter he addressed to the party’s National Chairman, Senator (Dr.) Iyorchia Ayu.
4. Tukur Mamu, Kaduna-based Publisher who negotiated the release of 11 of the passengers who were abducted from a train in March, says some of the victims have been bitten by snakes.
He disclosed this in an interview with newsmen in Kaduna on Monday.
5. . Bandits have killed a herdsman, Ado Mamman, at a settlement in Pai community, Kwali Area Council of Abuja. A resident of Pai community, simply identified as Shehu, said the incident happened around 11:12 pm on Sunday.
6. Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has mocked his opponents over their delay to produce their “permanent” running mates within the time-frame stipulated by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). In a statement, Atiku said the office of the presidency does not need someone who is hesitant to make a decision in picking his running mate.
Disclaimer This content was not created by any staff or admin of Pejoweb. This platform runs on user generated content. If this post is your copyrighted property, please send a message to the user to give credit or take down your article. If the user fails to adhere, please email us your request at [email protected] with proof of ownership to take the right action.