How To Become A Licensed Physician In The United States Without Residency. Just With Steps

How To Become A Licensed Physician In The United States Without Residency. Just With Steps

How To Become A Licensed Physician In The United States Without Residency. Just With Steps Kings  

4 years ago

~1.9 mins read




My wife lives in USA. She is a skin care specialist. She is planning to open her own skin care shop in 2020.

I am a cardiologist in Turkey.


I am planning to move to US in 2021. So I started to study for USMLE steps. But I have a few questions because I am not sure that taking all the steps and expending effort in this way will be futile for me.


I am planning to implement non-surgical estehtic applications in her clinic.

Can I do these applications in US after achieving all the steps and being certified by American Esthetic Association BUT WITHOUT DOING RESIDENCY.

Or another question is if I cannot do this, can I work as a general practitioner WITHOUT DOING RESIDENCY and how much averagely can I earn as a GP.

That is to say what can I do after achieving all the steps BUT WITHOUT DOING RESIDENCY. I am studying fort the exams but I cannot envision which way I will go…PLEASE HELP ME…TIA


You can be a Licensed physician in the US without Residency. Read on

Without USMLE exam you can never be a licensed physician---> True.

But without Residency ? ----> that is FALES.

You can become a licensed physician in the united states and there are 2 other options (If you are already a specialist) without proper residency you can get the US medical license:

1. USMLE steps 1,2 & 3 + Fellowship in Cardiology.

And since you are already a cardiologist, this is possible

if you make/look for some connections in the field, just sign up for a conference or 2, mingle with your Cardio peers and life will be terrific, just try hard.

2 (this option is even better but a little harder, but doable)

Steps 1,2 & 3 + proof of your experience in cardiology in Turkey (the more years the better).
You can use these 2 things to apply for the Department of regulatory agencies at the state you like to practice in and they can grant you a waiver from residency based on your experience.
This is TRUE, LEGAL, and very subjective (it is how you convey yourself and convince the DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies).

NB: Option 2 only works if you are already a specialist.

I understand that most people don't know, but these are just true facts, and because others don't know about them, it does not mean that these are not TRUE.

I hope this helps..

Was my post useful? Support me to keep creating useful content

Disclaimer If this post is your copyrighted property, please message this user or email us your request at with a link to this post