Select a category
WIN N14,000 THIS WEEK
The article with the most engaging comments wins ...
Winner would be announced by Saturday evening/Sunday morning
1. You should have at least 35 comments on all competing posts
2. You should have at least 1000 views on all competing posts
3. All competing posts must be less than 7 days old by Saturday
CONSOLATION PRIZES ARE AVAILABLE
1. N8000 and N5000 for the first and second runner-ups
The Dos And Don'ts Of The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
3 years ago
I have completed my internship this May. It took me about 2 month to grasp a good hold over the entire system.
I am gonna cut it short...
1) I always read the entire question first. I never went for the passage directly. For each question I made a clear picture in my mind. Marked the key points so that I can easily find them in the passage. After having done with the question, I again went for the 1st question of each part.
Now go for the passage. Start reading. I have found that almost 80% of the question came from first two lines and last two lines of each passage. So if read very minutely this 4 lines.
when you find an answer, Suppose you found answer of number 4. try to right in the question paper immediately.Then go for number 5, if possible 6. In the meantime keep searching for number 1 and 12. If you find the answers do exactly like before. This way you go on. If you cant find an answer dont worry about it. Go for the next one. because you have already read the entire questions and you have an overall idea about the question. This is a bit complex. But this was my strategy.
Generate revenue on your social medias and website
Was your site rejected by google adsense? No problem. Do you need to start making money as a new content creator? Adsterra solves all your advertisement problems.
and please dont waste too much time on a single answer. If you cant find it or if u are confused. write the first thing that pops up into your head. 90% time you will be correct. U can guarantee you that.
and please dont panic if by chance one passage took u more than 20 minutes. The question is arranged in such a away that u are definitely gonna finish the next passage within 16 minutes.
2) for practice, I did all the 40 passages of 10 books of cambridge ielts. I will suggest you do the 4-10 books. total 28 passages. Including the "section three" portion of general training. This is enough. I suggest you, try to research over the answers that from which portions of the passages they came.
3) If you are still struggling over the reading portion. You can do one thing. Take one passage. Go to the back of the book, Collect the answers. Then search the answers in the text. After few passages you will have a feeling that you know from which portion of the passages the answer might come. Then after you have built your confidence start practicing.
1) This is my favorite part. For listening there ain't any strategy except the practice. Do all the 40 test of 10 books of cambridge ielts.
2) There is a small strategy I follow. when the tape says that, " first look at question 1-5. " if you find this 5 question rather simple.
3) While practicing if you cant find any answers just keep rewinding the play again and again until u understand.
4) Main thing of listening is that use 30s second the gaps between sections carefully.
5) Don't panic if you miss one answer. So my suggestions is try to write everything in the question papers. that may appear to u as the answer. Dont hesitate. Always keep yourself busy . dont lose concentration.
1) The thing is it will also develop after practicing. Fear is the main enemy of speaking portion, which you will overcome after practicing it with someone. I practised speaking in Mentors Bangladesh. That really helped me.
2) There is a strategy of developing speaking ability. Before you do the practice everyday, u will always need a pace or momentum in ur speaking test. To get that pace, go to the youtube channel of "Crash course", or watch a video in "Ted". The way john green in crash course speak,I will guarantee you that this will hammer the words out of your brain. Even on the actual exam day, on the way to your examination centre. keep watching the videos or keep listening something that will give you a momentum.
3) In "ted talk" search for this video.
I will guarantee u that u r gonna overcome fear after watching this video.
4) for practicing u can visit dcielts website. there are lots of sample there.
A simple suggestion is that. : if you are asked a question like" do you enjoy shopping?", please never say "yes I enjoy shopping". this will reduce you number. U say, "Yes I like to do shopping whenever I get free time. In fact, I try to go various markets every month. This gives me pleasure."
1) just one suggestion blindly follow the each and everything of ryan ielts video in youtube channel. There are some model essays there. I wrote each of them in my notebook. In the exam , u will feel Mr. ryan is giving the exam with u.
2) for task 1 Bindly follow. Ielts simon website. If possible there is a book written by him for task 1.
3) increase your vocabulary. Always keep a note book with u, if u find a new word try to write it down with a meaningful sentence. On the exam day at morning, go through the note book..
Disclaimer This content was not created by any staff or admin of Pejoweb. This platform runs on user generated content. If this post is your copyrighted property, please send a message to the user to give credit or take down your article. If the user fails to adhere, please email us your request at [email protected] with proof of ownership to take the right action.
Congratulations! You are almost done reading
We are rewarding the best comments on posts. Drop yours!