profile/2896d1f9af418a2f4c11bee789efbde4a6c1.jpg
Lawrence66

Sevilla Boss Julen Lopetegui Claims 'extraordinarily Strong' Chelsea Could WIN The Champions League
~2.2 mins read
Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui claims 'extraordinarily strong' Chelsea could WIN the Champions League
AllfootballappOct 20, 2020Read original
Julen Lopetegui has heaped the pressure on Frank Lampard by declaring Chelsea one of this year's Champions League favourites.
Sevilla boss Lopetegui hailed Lampard's 'extraordinarily strong' team ahead of Tuesday's Group E Champions League opener at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues' chastening 4-1 last-16 second-leg loss to last season's eventual champions Bayern Munich was only back in August, and manager Lampard has since recruited a raft of high-profile new faces.
Chelsea's work in progress was underscored by Saturday's 3-3 Premier League home draw with Southampton but, despite the Blues' teething problems, Sevilla's former Spain boss Lopetegui was fulsome in his praise.
'We are up against one of the teams that could win the title, in Chelsea, but we want to focus on performing well tomorrow - that's all we can do,' said Lopetegui.
'I think it's going to be a tough ask. Every match is difficult, but especially in the Champions League against a team like Chelsea.
'Chelsea have bought some good players, invested a lot of money, it's a great squad and coach that knows the club inside-out.
'It's very challenging to play in the Champions League, but it's the culmination of what we did last season.
'We often talk about enjoying football, but that's the only way we know, to give everything we have.
'They are an extraordinarily strong opposition. Chelsea have some fantastic, top players, but they are going to force us to be at our very best.
'We've got to raise ourselves to our very best standard, because that's the level that we'll need tomorrow.
'I really don't think the starts for the season for both sides count for every much at this point.
'They have been playing well lately and they will force us to produce our best possible performance across the board. We're going to need to play very well tomorrow.'
Chelsea have spent more than £220million to reshape the Stamford Bridge ranks under former midfield star Lampard.
The ex-England midfielder has been heavily backed by owner Roman Abramovich, with Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Ben Chilwell, Thiago Silva and Edouard Mendy all arriving.
Former Real Madrid boss Lopetegui insisted Chelsea already boasted an array of riches even before their summer recruitment drive.
'They already had fantastic players in every position, but now they've added even more,' said Lopetegui.
'So they have lots of alternatives in every position, and they have a really attractive football philosophy - they are an offensive side with players that tie into that.
'So for us it's about competing against a team with those characteristics.'
profile/2896d1f9af418a2f4c11bee789efbde4a6c1.jpg
Lawrence66

Rugby_Argentina Coaches, Players Text Positive For Coronavirus
~22.1 mins read

New
About
How to earn
Agriculture
Arts & Education
Business & Money
Communications & Entertainment
Engineering
Family & Holidays
Food & Kitchen
Looking for Aid
Health & Lifestyle
Hobbies & Handiworks
IT & Computer Science
Law
Medicals
Motivationals
News & Politics
Personal care & Beauty
Relationship & Marriage
Religion & Principles
Social sciences
Sports & Fitness
Stories & Poems
Science & Technology
Vehicles & Mobility
USMLE
Others
Questions & Answers

Rugby-Argentina Coaches, Players Test Positive For Coronavirus
Steph15 1 week 87
Sept 10 (Reuters) - Argentina's coaching staff and five more players have tested positive for the coronavirus, adding to the six positive tests announced last week, the Argentine Rugby Union (UAR) said on Thursday.
Advertisement
14 Comment(s) x
2.9k


Argentina head coach Mario Ledesma, and assistants Nicolás Fernández Miranda and Juan MartÃn Fernández Lobbe, had returned positives after a new round of testing, the UAR said in a statement.
The five players were Felipe Ezcurra, MatÃas Moroni, Tomás Cubelli, MatÃas Orlando and Mateo Carreras.
"Those infected were isolated, are asymptomatic and in good health," the UAR said.
The UAR revealed over the weekend that six players, including first-choice winger Emiliano Boffelli, tested positive at the team's training camp last week.
Loose forward Javier Oretego Desio tested positive in late August.
The new batch of COVID-19 infections comes with SANZAAR, the governing body of southern hemisphere rugby, poised to announce its decision on re-scheduling the postponed Rugby Championship later on Friday.
The Rugby Championship, which involves Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, was tentatively scheduled in New Zealand in November-December but an outbreak of COVID-19 in Auckland has raised speculation the tournament may be held in biosecure hubs in Australia.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom in Melbourne; editing by Richard Pullin)
(([email protected]; +61 3 9286 1447;))
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
11 likes
62.9kShares

Comment posted















Articles that may interest you

CONFIRMED: Four Chelsea players test positive for coronavirus ahead of pre-season clash

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard welcomed his squad back for pre-season this week ahead of the new season, with Chelsea’s first Premier League fixture ...

COVID-19: Six Chelsea Players Test Positive

Chelsea's start to the 2020/21 season might not be what was highly anticipated as the club have confirmed that six of their players have tested positi...

West Ham boss David Moyes plus two players test positive for Covid-19

West Ham have confirmed manager David Moyes, plus players Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have tested positive for Covid-19.The Hammers are playing Hull in ...

Pogba and wife Zulay relax at home with son Labile Shakur as Man Utd ace self-isolates after positive coronavirus test

PAUL POGBA has been snapped relaxing at home with his wife and son as he self-isolates.The French midfielder tested positive for coronavirus upon repo...

Sadio Mane Isolating After Positive Coronavirus Test

Liverpool and Senegalese forward Sadio Mane has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating.The news comes three days after the club said mi...
Uploads that may interest you
Advertisement

Advertisement

Link socials
Matches
Loading...