Yemi123

Computer Scientist : A Graphic Designer

Wants to meet Computer Scientists

Articles
175
Followers
16

profile/43BeautyPlus_20210120175913_fast.jpg
Yemi123
After Saving N2.5M In Account For Two Years, See What Bank Told This Lady That Made Her Cry Out
~1.8 mins read
After saving N2.5M In Account For Two Years, See What Bank Told This Lady That Made Her Cry Out
A Nigerian lady identified as Nimrod has taken to her Twitter account to narrate how a Nigerian bank frustrated her effort at withdrawing her own money that she had saved them on a flimsy excuse.
According to her, she opened an account with Guaranty Trust Bank in 2019 and literally dumped part of her salaries totaling N2,530,00 there and didn't bother touching it for these years.

Now she went to the bank today to make a withdrawal but was told she cannot access the money again because there was an error made on the account opening form and it has been uploaded on the system.
When she asked what can be done she was shocked at the response she got. She was told she should forfeit the money.
According to her she almost went mad as the experience literally shook her.
See reactions from people:

Write to Director of Banking Supervision, CBN, copy MD, NDIC, DG SEC, NSE, Chairman Senate committee on Banking, MD GTB. They will beg you.
Exactly what I did a year ago when they said my 120k will be reverted in 5 working days on top failed transaction I did to my wife's account. Told them not my own money! Na so I carry mail copy everybody for banking sector. They reverse my money in less than 45mins.
Fraudsters!
So why didn't they contact you since???
Me that has been going there since last year ? Everyday na “we will fix it” I de hear till today own
E don reach to collect money na.. Nigerian banks go stress you. I go bank few years back and tell them sey you wan do fix deposit if you see how them pamper me. Na manager ofc I dey sef. Na when I wan go close am carry my money I see stress. hours they never answer me sef
profile/43BeautyPlus_20210120175913_fast.jpg
Yemi123
Hours After Buhari Shuns Face Covering, Social Distancing, Presidency Threatens Lockdown Over Non-compliance With COVID-19 Law
~3.1 mins read

President Muhammadu Buhari had on Wednesday signed the coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Protection Regulations 2021 Act into law.

The Nigerian government has expressed concern about reports of non-compliance with the Executive Order that makes mask wearing and observation of social distancing in the public mandatory.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Wednesday signed the coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Protection Regulations 2021 Act into law.
As provided in the Quarantine Act, section 34 of the new law states that any offence under the regulation is punishable by a fine or a term of six months imprisonment or both.
The law provides for the maintenance of social distancing in gatherings, while all persons in such public places must, among other things, wear face masks, wash their hands and have their temperature checked before entering such venues. See Also PUBLIC HEALTHPresident Buhari Violates COVID-19 Law Prescribing 6-month Jail Term For Defaulters
It also restricts gathering of more than 50 persons in an enclosed space “except for religious purposes, in which case the gathering shall not exceed 50% capacity of the space”.
However, the President failed to adhere to the protocols, thereby violating the law on Saturday during the validation of his membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at Sarkin Yara Ward in Daura, Katsina State.
In some of the pictures that surfaced online, Buhari was seen discussing with some APC leaders without putting on a face mask or maintaining social distancing as stipulated by the new law.
The Presidency in a statement on Sunday by Garba Shehu, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, however warned Nigerians to obey the law to avert a fresh lockdown in Nigeria.
The statement read, “The Presidency is worried by reports of non-compliance with the signed Executive Order that makes mask wearing and observation of social distancing in the public mandatory, appealing to Nigerians to give their maximum cooperation for success of the policy.
“President Muhammadu Buhari introduced the order with the best of intentions and not with any motive to punish citizens. The Presidency appeals to state governments, traditional rulers and religious leaders to play active roles in the sensitisation and enforcement of the Executive Order.
“To achieve this, COVID-19 task forces and committees should persuade members of the public to cooperate with the government in achieving compliance and avoid crude methods that may create resistance and resentment, thereby defeating the primary goal of the Executive Order.
“The Buhari administration is most reluctant to lock down the country and continues to emphasise the non-pharmaceutical measures and the only way to avert lockdowns is to observe these measures as put in place by the Presidential Task Force.
“Nigerians have come a long way from the dreaded lockdown and the administration is unhappy about any prospects of bringing it back as many citizens will not have food on the table without venturing out on a day-to-day business.
"Nigerians are required to wear masks, wash hands regularly with soap and clean water, and keep a safe distance with anybody not in your household, hoping that this will help check the spread of COVID-19.
“Though vaccine availability is within reach, the propensity of the public for noncompliance weakens the fight against the virus. Nigerians must ignore baseless conspiracy theories that seek to deny the reality of the pandemic by complying with the order to wear masks.
“We have a duty to protect ourselves and others in this difficult global health crisis; no one has immunity against this pandemic. Ignoring health warnings and refusing to comply with safety measures does more harm than good. The COVID-19 pandemic is a major threat to public health and wearing of masks, social distancing in public places and the basic hygiene are necessary measures that have to be taken to safeguard the well-being of our citizens.
“Nigerians must always have it in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic is not only a threat to the health of the population but it is equally so to the national economy, and to every aspect of our everyday life

Advertisement

Loading...

Link socials

Matches

Loading...