Ndoma

Lawyer : Register With My Link

Wants to meet Actors

Articles
3521
Followers
101

profile/3696FB_IMG_166154600052001842.jpg
Ndoma
Heavily Armed Policemen Have Taken Over The Lekki Tollgate To Prevent Protesters From Converging In The Area.
~2.0 mins read
Heavily armed policemen have taken over the Lekki Tollgate to prevent protesters from converging in the area.

A group had called for demonstrations at the tollgate to express displeasure over the reopening of the facility which had been shut since the EndSARS protests last year.

But police have banned any protest at the tollgate, warning protesters to stay away in order to avoid a repeat of the last protest that led to massive destruction of lives and properties across the state.


The police said it is making efforts to deter crime in the Lekki area of Lagos state. Photos: @rrslagos767
On Friday, February 12, a heavy presence of armed policemen were spotted at the tollgate and in some parts of Lekki and other areas of the state.

OccupyLekkiTollGate: Lagos issues warning to protesters, vows to deal with COVID-19 violators
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

They were led by the commander, Rapid Response Squad (RRS) Yinka Egbeyemi, in a show of force, causing tension and panic in the area.

Meanwhile, the federal government has vowed to crush violent demonstrations in the country.

Speaking on Thursday, February 11, in Abuja, the minister of culture and information, Lai Mohammed, said all security agencies have been alerted to stop any protest.

The minister's reaction was shared in a series of tweets sighted by Legit.ng on the official Twitter page of the ministry of information and culture, Nigeria.

Mohammed warned those planning any protest to block the toll gate from Saturday, February 13, to shelve it.

Similarly, the Lagos state government has advised all groups planning to embark on demonstrations in the state to shelve their plans.

Breaking: FG vows to crush any fresh Lekki Toll Gate protests
Moyosore Onigbanjo, the Lagos attorney general, who issued the warning on Thursday, February 11, noted that the state government’s respect for people's rights to protest should not be taken as a licence to break the law.

According to him, the right to protest doesn't give anyone the freedom to block highways and prevent others from moving freely, The Punch reported.

Kess Ewubare is a senior political/current affairs correspondent at Legit.ng. He has both a BSc and a Master’s degree in mass communication. He has over 10 years of experience in working in several fields of mass communication including radio, TV, newspaper, and online. For Kess, journalism is more than a career, it is a beautiful way of life.
profile/3696FB_IMG_166154600052001842.jpg
Ndoma
Chelsea Fans Are Back As Fuji Icon Saheed Osupa Boasts In Latest Song Ahead Of New Premier League Season
~2.5 mins read
The razzmatazz that trails the start of new football season is already gathering momentum as the English Premier League action returns from Friday, August 13.
Brentford vs Arsenal kicks off the new campaign as football returns to England following the break which lasted for about three months.
Chelsea will begin quest for the league title against Crystal Palace on Saturday, August 14, as they will be looking forward to reflect their Champions League triumph in the English topflight.
Panic for Gunners as Partey, Nketiah among 6 stars to miss EPL opener between Arsenal and Brentford
Chelsea Fans Are Back As Fuji Icon Saheed Osupa Boasts in Latest Song Ahead of New Premier League Season

Premier League action returns. Photo: Francis Glibbery

The Blues made a top four finish following the arrival of Thomas Tuchel in the latter stages of last season. They have begun this season on a sensational note winning the UEFA Super Cup.
Hours before their game against Palace, fans in Nigeria are already salivating and anticipating the fixture.
Popular Fuji icon Saheed Osupa was seen in a clip praising ‘his club’ for their 2012 and 2021 Champions League triumphs.
While performing with his live band at an event, ‘Saridon P’ as he is fondly called said:
“They said N’Golo Kante was the man of the match. We defeated (Real) Madrid the day we reached the final. We first won the Champions League in 2012. It reached 2021 before it got to our turn again. “Some clubs are yet to win the title, yet they keep bragging all these years, now you see Chelsea are champions once again.” Chelsea stars Zouma and Rudiger sing and dance to Tekno's hit song after winning Super Cup
Recall that Chelsea defeated Spanish club Real Madrid in the semifinal of the Champions League as both legs ended 3-1 on aggregates in favour of Thomas Tuchel's side.
The Blues went on to pip Manchester City 1-0 in the final courtesy a 42nd minute strike by Kai Havertz to win the prestigious title for a second time.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Premier League clubArsenal are starting the 2021-22 campaign on a worrying noteas about six of their first team stars could miss their opening game against Brentford, Mirror reports.
The Gunners are playing away from home on Friday evening and manager Mikel Arteta will be in panic mode as some first team players are sent to miss the trip.
Injury concerns as well as other doubts now leave the Gunners concerned despite that their squad was strengthened with three new signings this summer.
Source: Legit.ng

Advertisement

Loading...

Link socials

Matches

Loading...