3 years ago
Every day we are exposed to chemicals through the products we use. From toothpaste to shampoo, the average person is exposed to at least 126 chemicals each day. The Environmental Working group reports that 1 out of every 5 adults is exposed to “all of the top seven carcinogenic impurities common to personal care product ingredients.
Knowing those facts, it’s even more important to know what you are putting on your body. Daily use of carcinogens not only builds up in your system but can lead to life-threatening complications, like cancer. Making the switch to a healthier beauty routine is just one way you can lead a healthier lifestyle.
Here are four ways you can have a simpler, healthier beauty routine.
1. Simplify Your Beauty Routine
Natural beauty tip number one: simplify.
This ad will end in 7
This is the easiest step. Sometimes making a BIG change can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be.
An easy way to simplify your routine is to ask yourself a few questions. First, look at your routine as a whole:
· What tasks are included in your routine?
· Ask yourself: Is this necessary? Is this healthy for my body? How much does this task mean to me?
· What products do you use in each task?
· Take a look at the ingredients and ask yourself: Can I eliminate any of these products? Can I choose a healthier product?
If you find that any of these things just aren’t as important as they once were – kick it to the curb. Maybe there is another solution: can you try a different hairstyle? Can you do without a particular product? Can you switch it out for a healthier alternative?
2. Back to the Basics
Natural beauty tip number two: get back to basics.
This one might be hard for some people. However, it may be the MOST important tip on this list: identify the products you use every day. Toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap/body wash, makeup, and whatever else you use daily. Now take a look at the ingredients.
· Words ending in “paraben”
· DMDM hydantoin
· Imidazolidinyl urea
· Triethanolamine (or “TEA”)
· Words that start with “PEG”
· Words that have an “-eth” in the middle (e.g., sodium Laureth sulfate)
· “FRAGRANCE,” “FD&C,” or “D&C”
· 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3 Diol
· Boric acid and sodium borate
· DMDM Hydantoin
If you aren’t used to using natural products, the switch can be hard. Trust me, I know. But know that by eliminating these chemicals, you are doing your body HUGE favour.
3. Clean up Your Makeup Routine
Natural beauty tip number three: clean it up!
Makeup is one of the biggest chemical offenders. From fragrance to petroleum, there are thousands of chemicals used in commercial beauty products. However, I also find that makeup is one of the hardest things to switch to natural alternatives.
Natural makeup is often expensive, hard to find, and doesn’t quite do all of the things commercial/synthetic makeup products can. Despite these difficulties, there are a few easy ways to make the switch to natural makeup:
· Make the switch one product at a time
· Finding the perfect natural alternative can be tough.
· Choose products that you use daily
· Use lipstick and mascara daily? Start with those two. Can’t live without eyeliner? Experiment there first.
· Be willing to experiment
· Not all-natural products work the same way as their commercial counterparts. Be willing to try different brands, different ingredients, and different methods.
· It’s not all or nothing
· Any change is a good one. If you can’t get rid of a particular lipstick or foundation, don’t fret. Change the things you can, and come back to those products another time.
A Soothing DIY Bug Bite and Boo Boo Recipe
This DIY bug bite stick and boo boo stick is perfect for warm summer months. It soothes and protects skin and is great for little ones and grownups alike.
Cucumber Lemon Water and Other Summer Recipes
This cucumber lemon water, along with these other recipes and tips, will help you stay cool during these long and hot summer days. Stay cool and enjoy!
Strawberry Sugar Scrub For Smooth Summer Skin
Does anything smell more like early summer than strawberries? Strawberry sugar scrub is the perfect way to start your summer off with smooth skin!
Disclaimer This content was not created by any staff or admin of Pejoweb. This platform runs on user generated content. If this post is your copyrighted property, please send a message to the user to give credit or take down your article. If the user fails to adhere, please email us your request at [email protected] with proof of ownership to take the right action.