Doctors aren't always honest with patients—not because they're bad people, but because they are people, and no one can be honest all of the time (are you?). Sometimes they tell white lies. Sometimes they withhold information. Sometimes they keep their personal details, well, personal.
If they let you know their every thought, you might trust them less.
Curious about what's really going on inside doctors' minds, Eat This, Not That! Health asked the country's top professionals to reveal 40 secrets they'd never normally tell you. Read on for the ultimate brain X-ray—and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had COVID.
1. They Know When You're Lying
2. They Don't Love It When You Exaggerate
3. They Don't Know Everything
4. If You're Doomed, They May Not Say So
5. Antibiotics Are Not Always the Answer
6. Some Treatments Not Covered by Insurance May be Cheaper
7. They Won't Tell You You're Exercising the Wrong Way
8. They Get Frustrated If You're Not There For the Right Reasons